6.28.2010

Arriving in the Big Apple

Yep, that's me in Central Park my first day in the City! I moved here May 2, the day after Emily's wedding. My mom came with me to help me move in and figure everything out! We checked into our hotel and did a lot of exploring for about 5 days.

We spent some time in Central Park, of course, and one day we woke up early and waited in line for the Regis & Kelly Show! We ended up getting to be in the audience and got a picture of both of us with Kelly. I look super disgusting, though. The guest on the show that day was Tom Selleck and we were pretty excited about it.

While my mom was here we also did some of the New York musts such as: getting frozen yogurt from Bloomingdales, celebrity spotting(we saw Leslie Mann in Barney's), shopping at Zara, and most important...moved into my new apartment! My apartment is so adorable. It's on West 4th st. in between 6th Avenue and McDougal. It's half a block from Washington Square Park and NYU.

My mom left and on May 7 I started my internship at FamilyTravelForum.com. It's a travel website geared towards helping families find fun places to vacation. Some of what I do includes writing current event articles on things like the BP oil spill, protests in Thailand, and the Nashville flood; feature articles on resorts, hotels and other vacation spots; grade essays for a teen travel writing essay the website hosts; go to press events and get to eat delicious food. Overall it's pretty much a dream come true. I'm finally fulfilling my dream of living in New York City as a working girl! :) That is a picture of the people that work in my office.

As soon as I moved in I met my roommates Bryndee and Hyeku. They are both working in NYC in Finance and Advertising full-time. I spent a lot of time with Hyeku, her younger brother, and his friend my first week in the city. They took me to Grimaldi's Pizza, across the Brooklyn Bridge, to the MoMa to see a shocking gallery of Marina Abromovic, to La Esquina tacos( the most delicious tacos and grilled corn I've ever had in my life) and a lot of other fun things. After a week they all left, and my new roommate Louise moved in! She's from Denmark and we had a lot of fun while she was here!

2 comments:

dawnanne said...

aww lucy! it was so great to get all caught up on you and your life. you are living the dream! you are an amazingly talented girl who is going places for sure! fun to hear about eric too! (we know his family from the days we lived in vacaville, btw--did i already tell you that?) nice job on the blog! love it!

Ike and Linh Earl said...

hey lady...thanks for keeping your blog updated! im jealous you are in new york! I want to go there so bad!!! hope your having the time of your life!! :) miss your face!!